The University of Iowa is often asked for proof of insurance coverage(s). A certificate of insurance verifies to another party that insurance coverage exists. Certificates of insurance may be needed for agreements or contracts, activities or events, use of another's facilities or equipment, vehicle rentals, and so forth. The documents/links below provide information that should fulfill most requirements for verification of insurances. If these do not meet the needs of the other party, or if proof of insurance for a different or specific type of insurance is needed, please contact the Department of Risk Management, Insurance and Loss Prevention:

Certificates of Self-Insurance

     Tort Liability (general liability, auto liability, professional liability)
     Workers Compensation